NSWCCL Submission: Religious Freedom Review
There are four areas in which rights might be better dealt with in Australian law: freedom of speech, (for and against religions), freedom to practise, freedom from discrimination and protection against hate speech and incitement to violence.
This submission is in the way of a statement of the NSWCCL’s general views on the issue and
areas we think are in need of attention:
- Human rights and Australia’s obligations: International law
- Australian Law—a summary.
- Four areas in which rights might be better dealt with in Australian law
- The relation between freedom of religion and other rights.
- The functions of a bill of rights.
- Relevant sections of Australian bills of rights.
- Balancing principles.
Read full submission and recommendations: Religious Freedom Review
Do you like this post?