BLACK DEATHS IN CUSTODY
That CCL calls on the Federal Government to constitute a Royal Commission or similar inquiry into black deaths in custody and associated social questions, under the Race Power, and this inquiry be given clear constitutional power to proceed and that the terms of reference be widely drawn.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCILS (DISMISSAL OF)
That it is part of the democratic rights of both the electors and the elected in local government council elections that those elected be entitled to hold their offices for the established period and not be dismissed until substantial grounds for doing so are determined by an appropriate inquiry.
PHOTOGRAPHS ON DRIVERS' LICENCES
- There be a prohibition from government agencies using these photographs for any purpose other than in relation to drivers' licences;
- It be unlawful that anyone be able to demand to see a licence except in relation to matters relating to the driving of motor vehicles.
HUMAN EMBRYO EXPERIMENTATION BILL 1985
- Embryos should not be accorded the status of people.
- Any legislation permitting non-therapeutic experimentation on embryos should also provide that the embryo be destroyed or disposed of at the end of experimentation and that implantation of such embryos be prohibited.
- If any of the proposed offences are to be dealt with upon indictment then such a charge should be heard before a jury.