The 58th Annual General Meeting of the New South Wales Council for Civil Liberties (NSWCCL) will be held electronically, in accordance with Article 29(1) of the Constitution and as approved by the Committee, at 6pm on Wednesday 27th October 2021.
The AGM will be broadcast online via Zoom video conferencing. The procedure for voting at the AGM is set out below.
All motions to be considered at the AGM are distributed with the Agenda available on the event page in accordance with Rule 28 of the Constitution, so that members are ready to vote and to do so electronically. The Agenda papers will be added and updated as they become available. Members are encouraged to log in and participate in this important general meeting of the Council.
- Confirm the minutes of the 2020 AGM.
- Receive the Executive’s reports on the year’s activities and financial position.
- Financial members will discuss and decide on a number of proposed NSWCCL policies (details will be available on the event page).
- Financial members will elect the new Committee and Executive members to run NSWCCL for 2021/22.
Join us in making these decisions.
Nomination for Committee and Executive positions
Nomination forms for Committee or Executive positions can be downloaded here. Nominees for Committee or Executive positions must have been financial members of NSWCCL for at least 3 months prior to the AGM. Nominations must be returned to the Secretary by 5pm 20 October 2021.
Instructions for participating in the AGM
- To access the NSWCCL Annual General Meeting via Zoom, please register in advance
Registration prior to the AGM is essential to protect the security of the meeting and validate your membership.
- A Zoom link/information will be automatically sent to you when you register. Please retain this as it will be required to enter the AGM. If possible, please add the meeting details to your calendar.
- To access the meeting, you will need the Zoom link/information. Zoom is accessible via your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- Please make sure you are familiar with Zoom prior to the AGM.
- On the date of the AGM, Members must log into the meeting using the Zoom link. It is recommended that Members log-in 10 minutes prior to the start of the AGM to ensure Members can be verified and enter the AGM without delay. A moderator will grant entry into the AGM meeting from the ‘waiting room’ just prior to the commencement of the meeting. Please be patient if this does not happen immediately.
- Members should use their full name when logging into the meeting via the Zoom link so that they may be appropriately addressed if the Member asks a question. Your name can be edited by logging into zoom.us and editing your profile's Display Name:
Only Members are eligible to vote at the AGM. To vote, the Chair will either instigate:
- A poll via Zoom. You will be invited to vote electronically. This will appear on your screen automatically.
- Or ask that you raise your hand virtually. To raise your hand virtually, click on "Reactions" at the bottom of the screen and click on the small icon in the shape of a hand.
- Members will be invited to ask questions at the conclusion of the presentation. Members may ask a question via the Q&A button.
- To speak at the AGM the President will call your name and the moderator will unmute you. After your question is discussed, you will be muted again.
- This AGM will be run similar to a webinar therefore your microphone is automatically muted, and video capabilities will be disabled until question time.
- Technical support cannot be provided to individual Members during the AGM; any questions or testing must be facilitated prior to the commencement of the meeting.
Questions prior to the AGM can be directed to the Secretary, Michelle Falstein email: [email protected]