CONFIDENTIALITY AND AIDS
That the police computerised criminal record system should be audited (by NSW Privacy Committee) to ensure that all confidential medical information has been deleted.
- No mandatory testing be adopted as policy;
- Testing and confidentiality be adopted as policy;
- The Council expresses its concern at the trend to interpret the Bail Act in respect of refusal of bail for persons suffering from AIDS on the ground that they are a danger to society;
- Medical information on police records be confidential;
- CCL opposes the inclusion in a citizen's criminal antecedents of his/her medical record.